Shine On. Sign up for Dawn's e-Newsletter!
The Real Work©
“When we have come to the crossroads, we are invited to do The Real Work
When despair or doubt has weakened us, we are invited to do The Real Work
When we truly connect with our feelings we are opened to awaken and sustain, The Real Work
When we liberate and celebrate ourselves, The Real Work will ignite the songs of our soul and we begin to sing again." - Dawn King
For over 25 years I have had the privilege and the blessing to work with thousands of women from around the world. These principles create an active and solid plan to thrive through even the most difficult times of our lives. These principles are also the recipe or formula in creating the greatest moments of our lives! The Real Work principles work, if you work them.
In group and One on One sessions we dive into more details and actions. Please see the Events page for dates and locations to begin your incredible journey.
The Real Work Principles
1) Respect: admire yourself for who you are and who you are becoming. Confidence is earned. Every time you take action towards your self-care, your dreams or desires, you respect and care for the most important person, you.
2) Raising Standards: beliefs, relationships, emotional states, health and a focus of who are you becoming. We must stop settling. We would rather live in comfort than take risks however, our illusion of comfort can also create unhappiness and we settle and convince ourselves or are influenced by other to settle for less. We want and desire more and we must step up and raise the bar if we want to feel as if our lives are fulfilling and care for ourselves deeply as become who we were truly meant to be.
3) Resourcefulness: An essential part of becoming the real you and living the life you have always imagined. There is always a way to reach your goals or desires. Even though the results are not always what you were wanting it is resourcefulness that will keep you going until you do find acceptance and peace in the outcome. One you activate resourcefulness- you will move through the painful times, stop the suffering and focus on who you are and what you want.
4) Resilience: the willingness to overcome the obstacles, to move on. You are stronger than you realize and life always gives us an opportunity to grow. Embracing growth and change are integral qualities of resilience. The story you tell yourself is important, it will liberate you or it will continue to shackle every part of you.
5) Receiving: we spend too much time alone, particularly in the tough times. Most people, tend not to ask for help. They see it as being weak or needy, when in reality the opposite is true. Asking for help – and being willing to graciously receive the help is a sign of strength. Being open to receiving and asking for help will also provide a sense of contribution for others knowing they can truly make a difference in your life.
6) Resolution: resolution is about stepping out of the illusion of comfort or unfulfilling habits and igniting your growth during the feelings of uncertainty. A common pattern is to minimize, justify or validate our painful situations, resolution is about stepping out of the illusion of comfort and habit and igniting your growth during the uncertainty. Trusting in the unknown and unseen knowing what you want, taking action and sometimes waiting with solid faith that the best is yet to come and or simply letting go sooner rather than later. Have you ever stayed with someone or did something for too long?
7) Rejuvenation: celebrate what we already have, who we already are and remember how far we have come. Take the time to celebrate renews your journey. More playfulness and joy builds your emotional muscles and behavioral habits especially in the more difficult times. Celebrating the little steps along the way assure you’re momentum.
"I am not a healer, guru or therapist. I am a voice, a woman who has also overcome many challenges in life and I am asking, singing and inspiring you to your true self. It’s your time, it’s our time to shine beautifully, bravely and boldly.”
"You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world."
"May your heart be brave, your actions be bold and your spirit be free. Remove the wait or wonder...let's get this Fire started!"
- Dawn King
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
- Helen Keller
Copyright © 2017 FireHeart Productions Inc
Designed by Scratchpad Creative